Winter is an ideal time to get your trees professionally serviced.
Long Hill Tree Service professional pruning will enhance the health, vigor and aesthetics of your trees.
When trees lose their leaves it’s much easier for our certified arborist and tree techs to assess the limb structure and identify dead or hazardous limbs, as well as the overall health and integrity of your tree. Also, if the ground is frozen, then pruning activities will have a less damaging effect on the functional root zone of a tree.
Five advantages to pruning in the winter:
- During the winter, most woody plants are dormant and so are the many diseases and insects that can potentially invade pruning cuts.
- After leaves have fallen, it is much easier to see the plants overall form and structure. Damaged and diseased branches are more readily apparent when not obscured by foliage.
- Pruning in the late summer or early fall can stimulate new growth that may not harden off before the cold weather. This is not a concern during the winter.
- Winter pruning is good for your plants, leaving them with extra root and energy reserves to quickly heal wounds and support vigorous spring growth that will obscure the pruning cuts.
- Winter pruning is also good for you, giving you a reason to go outside on a mild winter day to enjoy your landscape.
Call us today at 203-261-4370 to schedule an appointment.